AS OF SEPTEMBER 7, 2021, CGEB IS NOW AN INSTITUTE FOR COMPARATIVE GENOMICS. PLEASE GO TO ICG.DAL.CA FOR MORE INFO.
comparative genomics, transcriptomics and proteomics
environmental and health microbiomics
development of bioinformatic and statistical tools for genomics and molecular phylogeny
CGEB is a Dalhousie University Centre that gathers ‘omics’ data, develops computational tools, and trains the next generation of scientists to conduct collaborative interdisciplinary research into how living organisms evolved, diversify, interact, and impact the biosphere and human health.
CGEB was established in 2008 and is comprised of researchers in four Dalhousie Faculties: Medicine, Science, Computer Science and Agriculture. As of January 2020, the Centre is comprised of 27 faculty members, 1 adjunct member, 2 honorary members, 13 staff and 115 trainees.
Research carried out by CGEB scientists includes:
The CGEB - Integrated Microbial Resource (IMR) was established in 2014 through support from the Strategic Research Initiatives Fund (SRIF) from the Office of the Vice-President Research, Dalhousie University. See more here.More Info
Recent CGEB Publications
- Daboor, S.M., Rohde, J.R., Cheng, Z. (2021) Disruption of the extracellular polymeric network of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms by alginate lyase enhances pathogen eradication by antibiotics. J. Cyst. Fibros. 20(2):264-270.
- Lax, G., Kolisko, M., Eglit, Y., Lee, W.J., Yubuki, N., Karnkowska, A., Leander, B.S., Burger, G., Keeling ,P.J., Simpson, A.G.B. (2021) Multigene phylogenetics of euglenids based on single-cell transcriptomics of diverse phagotrophs. Mol. Phylogenet. Evol. 159: 107088.
- McGinty, N., Barton, A.D., Record, N.R., Finkel, Z.V., Johns, D.G., Stock, C.A., Irwin, A.J. (2021) Anthropogenic climate change impacts on copepod trait biogeography. Glob. Chang Biol. 27(7): 1431-1442.
- Price, G.W., Langille, M.G.I., Yurgel, S.N. (2021) Microbial co-occurrence network analysis of soils receiving short- and long-term applications of alkaline treated biosolids. Sci. Total Environ. 751: 141687.
- Susko, E., Roger, A.J. (2021) Long branch attraction biases in phylogenetics. Syst. Biol. Feb 2: syab001.
- Zhang, J., Cook, J., Nearing, J.T., Zhang, J., Raudonis, R., Glick, B.R., Langille, M.G.I., Cheng, Z. (2021) Harnessing the plant microbiome to promote the growth of agricultural crops. Microbiol. Res. 245: 126690.